Search This Blog

Sunday 17 May 2015

CEREBRAL ON CHESS.COM



                 Click HERE for one of my livelier wins

                  I've played close to 5000 international ten minute blitz games on Chess.Com during the last couple of years, It soothes the mind. The ratings are about 200 points below what one might anticipate from USCF or FIDE ratings. My highest ever Chess.com rating was 1819 during January 2015, My highest ever international FIDE rating as a (slower) tournament player was 2150 during the late 1990s. I have drawn tournament games against grandmasters Colin McNab and Mark Hebden, and I have beaten the Russians Roman Levit and Alex Betaneli. I was champion of North East Wisconsin in 1992 and team champion of Edinburgh with the Wandering Dragons in 1996.

      For details of one of Alex's more recent enterprises, click on WISCONSIN CHESS ACADEMY

               My 19 move win in 1979 against the eminent  mathematician  H.J.Keisler's Caro-Kann defence was published as the first game of Bill Wall's book of 500 miniatures. It was played at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

                                                     


                  I am a fan of ALEXANDER ALEKHINE and studied his games when I was young


A COMEDY OF ERRORS and a win on time against an ingenious opponent from Romania

A NEAT CHECKMATE AGAINST THE CLOSED SICILIAN

A QUICK QUEEN TRAP AGAINST A STRONG AMERICAN

A FUN WIN AGAINST A BLITZ RIDER FROM RUSSIA
        (He was not amused, and he sent me a rude message)

I  LOSE MY QUEEN AND YET FLUKE A WIN AGAINST
 A MUCH BETTER PLAYER

A QUEEN TRAP IN EIGHTEEN MOVES AGAINST A PLAYER
FROM HERZOGOVINA

Live Chess - Blitz

1762
                                          6th July 2015

A LUCKY WIN AFTER BLUNDERING TWO ROOKS IN 
THE WEE SMALL HOURS

ONE OF MY BETTER WINS



No comments:

Post a Comment