Search This Blog

Sunday 5 July 2015

RAINBOW GIRL (Poem)

                                                             RAINBOW GIRL
 
                                                      by Thomas Hoskyns Leonard

                                           

To Nicola Romanski


Strange creature rising from Daedalus,

Pink pointed face, pentagon of udders for breasts,

Sturdy, Grecian thighs.

Why are you in my house

Treating me like a church mouse

While you pontificate about things from the skies?

So off to the Lammermuirs we go,

With Leofric the Manx cat in full flow

And there over the wind farm

Hangs a fully-fledged rainbow!

O'er the rainbow you're suddenly gone

Divesting yourself of your purple thong

'Thank goodness for that,' exclaims Leofric, the cat,

'I never could stand that twat.'

But at t'other end of the rainbow

There emerges the most beautiful maiden I have ever seen,

Full breasted, cute-arsed, and plenty of spleen.

'Come with me, to the Goblin Ha'' she cries;

'I'll treat you to cullen skink, and a brace of haggis too,'

I replied, and that day I could have died.


Composer's Notes: Composed while rousing myself from a sleep fog 




No comments:

Post a Comment