Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 October 2015

ON SUDDENLY FEELING THE ABSENCE OF HIS MOTHER, a poem by James L.S. Carter



                                                  On Suddenly Feeling the Absence of His Mother

                                                                   by James L.S.Carter



                                                                                  





                        It hurts to be without her. Happiness

                        I would've had is dead, and things to share

                        Are left unform'd while moments of a rare

                        Poetry fleetingly themselves suppress.

                        Oh what a dear relationship I miss!

                        Tears sting my eyes that she's no longer there,

                        No longer in the orbit of my care

                        As if of my concern she was remiss

                        Yet I am glad her suff'ring's at an end;

                        That I'm the only one to suffer now.

                         There should be limits to my woes, so how

                        Can I this sadness mollify and mend?

                         No other way to ease my grief I know

                        Than to break down and let the crying flow----


                         Copyright James L.S. Carter, October 2015, Edinburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment