Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 October 2015

WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS, a poem about voices by James L.S. Carter


                                                        WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS

                                                               

                                                              by James L.S. Carter


                                                             


We are your friends said the men in white coats.
We want what's good for you:
Medication that makes you suicidal;
Hallucinogenics to cure your hallucinations



We are your friends said fellow patients
Pulling my hair out, swearing at me,
Giving me a black eye.



We are your friends said my parents
As they 'phoned the asylum'
And dumped me there





We are your friends said the voices
Without whom I am nothing,
Without whom I couldn't get up in the morning,
With me everywhere I go.







Another friend:the Dragon Lady of Ward 5

No comments:

Post a Comment