Search This Blog

Sunday 24 January 2016

TODAY AT ST.ANDREW'S AND ST.GEORGE'S CHURCH WEST, EDINBURGH

                                                                                 
                                       

 Luke, Chapter 4, verses 17-19


And the scroll of the Prophet Isaiah was given to Him, He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written:

       'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, 
       because he has anointed me
       to bring good news to the poor,
       He has sent me to proclaim release to the  captives
       and recovery of sight to the blind 
       to let the oppressed go free,
       to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour.'


       What more can be said? Those with ears to hear let them hear. Those with brains in their
       head, let them understand


                                                                                 








I have tasted You, and I hunger and thirst after You. You have touched me, and I have burned for Your peace.

- St Augustine of Hippo, Confessions



No comments:

Post a Comment