Search This Blog

Monday 23 January 2017

THE GIANT CHOCAHOLIC BEETLE, A poem by James L.S, Carter

           

                                                                                   




                                                  THE GIANT CHOCAHOLIC BEETLE
               

                Carelessly,
                
                I spilt a glass of chocolate milk-shake over

                My bedside drawers.


                 It ran
     
                 Down

                 The 

                  Side

                  &over
                   
                  The carpet. 


                  Carelessly again,

                   I failed to clear up the mess,

                  Properly,

                   Leaving

                                         traces

                                                            behind.


                   Imagine my surprise,

                   A few months later

                   When I woke up to find

                   A giant chocaholic beetle

                    Balancing perilously

                    On a glass of chocolate milk-shake

                    Sitting on my bedside drawers.


                     It had sampled the drink on my carpet

                     Climbed

                     Up

                     The

                     Side

                     Of 

                     My

                     Bedside

                     Cabinet;

                     Following

                                      traces

                                                     behind.


                    At once, I snapped the brittle miscreant into pieces,

                    With a tissue.

                     But now I regret killing a fellow creature

                    Like me;-

                     So tenacious, so persistent, so obsessional.


                     Copyright  James L.S.Carter  January 2017

                     Edinburgh, Scotland




      

No comments:

Post a Comment